Thursday, April 14, 2011

Poem in Your Pocket Day.

In case you didn't know, April is National Poetry Month and today is Poem in your Pocket Day. Everyone is urged to carry a poem with you today and share it with friends or co-workers.
The following poem has been a favorite of mine since I was a child. Hope you all have a favorite poem, and I hope you will share it.
Trees

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.

A tree whose hungry mouth is pressed
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

A tree that looks at God all day,
And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

A tree that may in Summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair;

Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
Who intimately lives with rain.

Poems are made by fools like me,
But only God can make a tree.
~ Joyce Kilmer

No comments: