Friday, August 28, 2009

Too many choices


Maybe it's because I'm from a different generation, but I get very annoyed when I go grocery shopping. We have just too many choices today. I counted the Tide laundry detergent. There are 23 varieties of Tide. With bleach, without bleach, with Downey, without Downey, with Fabreze, without Fabreze, rain scented, floral scented unscented....I could go on and on. It's the same thing in the soda isle, cereal isle, coffee isle. And don't even get me started on the milk and dairy items. Do we really need all these choices???

Well now that I've "vented", I have to admit that I am also guilty of too many choices. I have way too many stickers, 100's of rubber stamps, reams of decorative papers, tons of embellishments and focal subjects. But I only use a fraction of them because most of them are out of sight or just not handy. I couldn't beleive the things I found when I took time to go through my studio today.

So this is a quick page that I did using the black gesso and the stencil that I found on my hunt today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Joyce,
I really like your latest entry, very different but intriguing!
Also, thank you for your comment.
I have just reached level 20 on Farmville, and now there are 2000xp points between levels - hard!!
My 'Wreck This Journal' appears to have been cast to one side...again. Do you ever feel like you want to start it again from the beginning!?
Annie *

lee said...

Hi Joyce, yes I am guilty of having to much supplies, in my studio. I keep saying to myself I will not buy any more, but then I think I need this. Like the black gesso, i went the other day for some black gesso they did not have any but they had clear gesso, so i bought that, did I need it no.